RWENZORI COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT NETWORK (RCDNET)
Started in Kasese as a Community Based Organization in 2010.
It was founded to establish Innovative Interventions contributing to the alleviation of challenges created by: Constant Wars and HIV/AIDs scourge in the Region.
The innovative interventions are intended to restore the hope that the community lost and developing new strategies for the future developments, rebuilding resilient Communities.
MISSION: To mobilized, Equip Vulnerable groups at community level with skills and knowledge, and also engaging them at local levels in Productive activities for poverty eradication and achieve the SDG.
VISION: A peaceful, poverty free life.
OUR VALUES AND PRINCIPLES
Our integrity as an organization comes from the values and principles that guide our work.
- We believe in the worth, equality and dignity of every person, and respect the richness of social and cultural diversity.
- We believe that inclusivity and accountability are essential in society for people to enjoy security, justice and peaceful co-existence.
- Our actions must show honesty and transparency, and consistency with our principles and mission.
- We put people at the centre of our work.
- We promote and support inclusive and cooperative approaches to decision-making.
- We understand that everything we do can have positive or negative effects on conflict dynamics and gender relationships, and being sensitive to this is central to our work.
- We are a learning organisation, striving to learn from each other – staff, partners and communities.
- We are accountable to the communities and partners we work with, and to the donors and public who support our work.
- Self Help Groups
We form Self-Help Groups in the community in order to address causes in specific interest groups of Young girls, Women, Youth and People with disabilities.
We engage self-help groups in interventions that Impact them economically, socially and build resilience.
Self-Help groups member engaged in problem identification and solving.
- Innovative follow up
After Successful training events always, we integrate follow-up to provide further support, skill development, and continuous improvement to promote income generation and Sustainability.
Our Volunteers responsible for the training plans, monitoring and evaluation join hands to ensure success.