RWENZORI COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT NETWORK (RCDNET)
Started in Kasese as a Community Based Organization in 2010.
It was founded to establish Innovative Interventions contributing to the alleviation of challenges created by: Constant Wars and HIV/AIDs scourge in the Region.
The interventions were intended to restore the hope that the community had lost and developing new strategies for the future developments, rebuilding resilient Communities.
MISSION To mobilized, Equip Vulnerable groups at community level with skills and knowledge, and also engaging them at local levels in Productive activities for poverty eradication and achieve the SDG.
VISION A peaceful, poverty free community suitable for sustaining life.
OUR VALUES AND PRINCIPLES
Our integrity as an organization comes from the values and principles that guide our work.
- We believe in the worth, equality and dignity of every person, and respect the richness of social and cultural diversity.
- We believe that inclusivity and accountability are essential in society for people to enjoy security, justice and peaceful co-existence.
- Our actions must show honesty and transparency, and consistency with our principles and mission.
- We put people at the centre of our work.
- We promote and support inclusive and cooperative approaches to decision-making.
- We understand that everything we do can have positive or negative effects on conflict dynamics and gender relationships, and being sensitive to this is central to our work.
- We are a learning organisation, striving to learn from each other – staff, partners and communities.
- We are accountable to the communities and partners we work with, and to the donors and public who support our work.
We form Self-Help Groups in the community in order to address causes in specific interest groups of Young girls, Women, Youth and People with disabilities.
We engage self-help groups in interventions that Impact them economically, socially and build resilience.
Today we have over 15 Self-Help groups in our network each engaged in a specific field of interest.
These interventions benefit directly Children, Women and persons with Disabilities in:
- Human rights and Gender Equality
- Environmental conservation
- Health and Nutrition
- Access to Quality Education
- Peace, justice and Reconciliation
- Information Computer Technologies